1. Review our adoption contract and application.
2. Call your vet and references to inform them that a rescue representative will be calling.
3. Complete adoption application and submit following appropriate link below:
4. You will be notified of outcome of your application within 1-2 days.
5. If approved, you will be introduced to the foster to schedule a meeting within 5 days. Guidelines for the meeting are:
- Bring a leash and collar and be prepared to take the animal home directly from the meeting.
- Meeting should be no longer than 1 hour. Our fosters are volunteers and we value and respect their time and personal commitments.
- All members of the household (including other dogs) must be present.
- Please be prepared to submit adoption fee via Text Link (Credit Card) sent to your cell phone at the meeting – We do not accept payments prior to the meeting.
- If all goes well, the dog will go home with you directly after the meeting. If you are not ready to adopt at the conclusion of the meeting, please understand that we may process other applications for the dog. Because we have a limited amount of foster homes, we cannot hold dogs past adoption.
6. Please review these resources prior to the meeting to be prepared with what to expect when bringing a new dog home:
7. Love on your new family member and join our Alumni Group! We love seeing updates on the happy endings to your stor
The Hero Rescue charges a $100.00 spay/neuter deposit with every unaltered puppy/kitten that is adopted. The purpose of the deposit is to ensure the pet will be altered before she/he reaches 6 months of age. This $100 deposit is refundable if adopter provides proof of sterilization within 14 days of the procedure via e-mail to email@example.com. After the adoption is completed, all vetting (spay/neuter, boosters, heart worm and flea prevention) are the responsibility of the adopter. This deposit will not be returned if the animal is not spayed/ neutered within the established timeline.
Please review the adoption contract in full prior to submitting application.
Please remember to include the pets's name you are interested in adopting to expedite your application in a timely manner!
To submit an application, click here https://www.shelterluv.com/matchme/adopt/HRMD/Dog
It takes us about 3-5 days to process applications. Once approved, we ask that all members of the household (including dogs) be available for meeting the animal within a week. If the meeting goes well, you will be able to take your new family member home with you immediately! If for whatever reason you do not take the animal home after the first meeting, please understand that we will continue to process applications for the animal and availability is not guaranteed. Thank you for considering The Hero Rescue, we couldn't do it without you!
"Minnie" December 2019